Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Top 5 on my 'must avoid' list

#5 crowds


While I have nothing against parties, clubs and other social gatherings, I cannot stand getting thrown together with random strangers. I totally wouldn't mind hanging out with a bunch of friends or a crowded dance floor, but when it comes to crowded streets, public transportation and other less appealing crowded situations, I think I'll pass.

#4 Direct sunlight

No I'm not a vampire, I just don't want to get my face fried and shriveled to a prune thank you very much. I really hate going out on the bright sunny hours of the day where it is highly likely for me to boil inside my clothes and get tired in an instant. more than once, I've been on the brink of fainting when I'd been out during the sunny hours. I'd much prefer dusk. Put this and crowds together and I'd be running for a dark and quiet place.

#3 Black smoke, Black water

I don't know how to explain just why this creeps me out. Maybe because it kind of would look like the terror at number 2 in large volumes. I know, the picture I picked out to display doesn't intimidate much (not even me), I only selected that because I'm too much off a wuss to look at a better looking one.
I won't be diving in something that looks like that anytime sooner...
I also have an aversion for non-transparent water. I'd give up swimming without batting an eyelash and drown rather than swim in something like this 'shudder'. But still, I'd prefer this to....


.... #2 Mammary clouds

Would you look at that?? Doesn't that creep the hell out of you? Honestly, I would DIE if I laid eyes on something so horrific in real life. I linked the Google Image results page because I couldn't bring myself to look at pictures of this monstrosity (let alone pick one out of the lot). If you can look at this creep fest without cringing  once, well, kudos to you because I would certainly be running away if  ever I am  unfortunate enough to come across something like this. Thank GOD these kind of freaky clouds don't appear in Sri Lanka.

#1 Worms and other all animals without legs

For me, worms and mammary clouds should both be in the top of my list. But unlike mammary clouds (which is a recent addition, but makes up for it in creepiness), worms have been creeping me out since I  accidentally touched one while digging a hole in my front yard when I was a toddler.
Not this cute!
I also don't like snakes, slugs, caterpillars, maggots and those lizards with teeny legs (oh why did i start this post??). Well, perhaps, don't like is a bit of an understatement. It's more like 'severe hatred' topped with a burning desire to run away...!!! In case anyone was wondering why I hate gardening, well, there you go.

Note to Ant - You didn't make the list cause you have legs. :-p

No comments:

Post a Comment