Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Top 10 on my favorite songs list...

I can't really pick out one song and say, this is my favorite songs. These are currently on the top of the frequently played list on my music player.

#10 Zombie by the pretty reckless


I found this band in a crazy way. I am an avid reader of yahoo's OMG and Taylor Momsen makes frequent appearances on the 'What were they Thinking?' segment and I decided to check out what her band was when i saw a picture of her wearing an over-sized shirt (only an over-sized shirt). I love her voice by the way.

#9 Lacrymosa by Evanescence

I had to deal with the creative genius of W.A. Mozart while I was taking classical music lessons and the Lacrimosa section of his Requiem was the first piece of Mozart I ever played. Amy Lee did a great job on this.

#8 The Diary of Jane by Breaking Benjamin

I love this song, and the acoustic version as well. The video? Meh. Not so much. I don't like any of the band's other songs either.

#7 Where I stood by Missy Higgins
This, i stumbled on while watching an episode of Pretty Little Liars. Great song, currently my ring tone. I know that some of these songs are old but, I sort of rely on TV shows for my dosage of new music.

#6 Stripper by The Soho Dolls

Another song that I came across while indulging in my guilty pleasure, Gossip Girl (Season 1 - Victor, Victrola). I Loved the episode too.... and Blair's shoes...!

#5 Hide and Seek Imogen Heap
This was a difficult find. I first heard this on Gossip Girl (Big Surprise) and found the butchered version first. I had no idea that this Derulo fellow took it from Imogen Heap until I googled the lyrics and got directed to this. Lovely, weird song with some of the best lyrics I've ever seen.

#4 Sky is Over by Serj Tankian

I'm not much of a System Of A Down fan, (I particularly have an aversion to that guy with the braided beard) but, this is definitely catchy. Nice work with the piano too. I was half expecting him to chop it with an axe. He still looks odd though.

#3 I hate everything about you by Three Days Grace


I know that this is like, old. But, it's still on the top of the list after 4 years. That's got to count for something don't you think? The video sucks by the way. I pictured a Gothic wedding where everybody's wearing black and emo make up. That would have suited the song more... Cracking song though!!!

#2 The Outsider by A perfect Circle



Heard this first on the resident Evil 4 - Afterlife Trailer, (yes, I like zombie movies, 28 days later, Shaun of the dead and Zombieland) and I knew it was by A Perfect circle (even though I'd only ever heard one of their songs) and was hooked on this ever since. I don't usually like the remix versions of any song but, this one just blew me away. Great lyrics (Suicidal Imbecile, Medicated Drama Queen to name a a catchy few phrases) and great concept. I liked the video too(Bikini bandits), even though it was not what I expected.

#1 Passive by A perfect Circle
I Love Keanu Reeves (Sorry Boyfriend... this started in like, 5th grade) so, of course, I watched Constantine and heard it in the scene where Constantine walks in to the bar.  I can't stop listening to this one. Yes, it's old, but still, it's a great song with great meaning. I don't know why I don't like any of the other songs from this band... considering the fact that the only two that I do like are on the top of the list.

I'm changing my ring tone! to Passive. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment