Friday, March 25, 2011

I Love Horses...

Maybe not to actually own one (so damn high maintenance and I don't really like large herbivorous mammals... cows... shudder), but to draw them....  That's another story.... They are the most regal, poised and elegant animals I know (cats are great but, I wouldn't call them elegant). 
I really like to draw, I wish I could get around to doing that in my free time... But, that doesn't work for me because most of the stuff I've done in my free time end up in the bin after a couple of days. It doesn't happen when I draw for a reason... So, let's hope I get more reasons to draw :-)

This one, I drew for our newly spruced up living room. My mother wanted to paint the walls in violet and that kind of darkened up the room. So we had to replace all the sofa covers with white ones, orange curtains with white lace ones and the painting of the indian bride with...'mes cheveux!!' 

The is the first step...
White horse completed.... moved on to the black one
Crayons were a new medium for me. I used crayons when I was in pre-school, and then stopped. I worked with water colours and oil paint for a while.... this is much better as I can blend easily (used cotton buds and my fingers for this) with just about anything I can find.... so, goodbye brushes???
Maybe not so fast, I might try another one with water colours and pastel.... Now if someone would just ask me to paint something.....

Final picture
A well spent 4 days....! (yes it took 4 days, four entire days of paint covered fingers... and one ruined, T shirt, lot's of missed cartoons) I think it was worth it...!!  Maybe I'll do one for my man....! A pic of... oops I'd better not tell.... :) :) Motivation enough for me!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment