Monday, March 14, 2011

To be superstitious or Not to be superstitious...

I'm not superstitious. I don't believe in horoscopes or moon charts and throw salt over my back whenever a black cat crosses my path (I think that's what you're supposed to do, to ward off bad luck). But I certainly do believe in jinxes. Like, if you wear the same ring for four days in a row and you have perfect weather and have (kinda) OK days, I tend to pin it on the ring and say 'this ring is lucky' and end up wearing that practically everyday (even when it clashes horribly with what I'm wearing)

I don't know if it's just me or what, but there's this certain body spray that smells awesome (Volare, Oriflame), whenever I wear that, I end up having horrific transportation issues. One time, I took a train with my Aunt and it turned out that my aunt who rides the train to work every single day, had taken a wrong train and we had to change the train, twice. What do you call that???


Volare by Oriflame, bad luck in a spray can?
I ended missing buses and having to squeeze in to the most uncomfortable crowded buses over the course of the next few days that I wore it. Then, I had no choice but to give the thing away to someone (She's fine by the way). Maybe I associated it with that horrible train event and jumped in to a conclusion but, the strange thing is. I never had trouble again.
I also find that the 'Third Time' is lucky for me (in a lot of ways).
I read somewhere that the brain tries to find patterns everywhere, which kind of created the Rosarch test to test for underlying thought disorders. (I took it and was proven negative for psychosis, in case you were wondering, HA!) So I guess that's what makes us so desperate to find all these weird connections (astrology anyone?) and come up with all kinds of determinants for good luck (four leaf clovers, horse shoes) and bad luck (Black cats, ladders).

But I'm pretty sure I'm not making it up when it comes to that annoying ANT, (http://behindtheoperamask.blogspot.com/2011/03/stalked-by-ant.html). He brought me a present today. A bread crumb, ain't that sweet? :) But he brought friends too, a bunch of tiny almost impossible little buggers who climbed up my arms and crawled on my face (little creeps).

Well, Hope the rest of you have a lucky week!!
TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment