Saturday, February 12, 2011

Concave or convex???...

When I was a teenager people would comment on how thin I looked usually followed by, "Don't you eat enough?", which usually preceded "Oh, I eat Waaaay more than you think. I just don't know where it all goes" + wide smile.
I kinda miss those days now, as of now, the same people go like "Putting some meat on I see"s and "Your face is getting rounder" GAH!!! preceded by immidiate diet plans. I have a few tips to everyone out there who has had enough of those bulges and (shudder) stomach tires,

Eat a healthy breakfast - Skipping breakfast is not a good idea if you're planning to fit in to those skinnies you bought two years ago (believe me I know, makes you crave all kinds of junk food... even ones you never liked before - chocolate biscuits). Fruits and yogurt  is a great option.
Er... no!?

Minimize carbohydrates - Yep, that means you can't gorge on a replica of sigiriya made out of rice every lunch. Think more curry than rice and you should be fine (just not enough curry to drink your meal).
No carbs!! I said no carbs!

Snack carefully - We all crave little things to much during tea breaks, it would be best to replace those visions of chocolate cake with fresh fruits and nuts. Occasional cheats - Yes, those can actually help as they keep you happy and feeling full but still won't pile up to raise the dial on the bathroom scale. But keep in mind,
you got jeans to fit in to.

Exercise - Sitting on a couch munching all the carrot sticks in the world, is not going to help. It helps to do a few laps on the pool, a morning walk on the beach or taking the stairs instead of the lift.
No, that's not exercise

H to tha O - keep youself hydrated, drink enough water to beat the heat and help with digestion as well as to keep your system clean.
showers help too

Think positive - Someone I knew once said,"You got one life, why spend it hungry?". I say "You got one life, why not be healthy?" Honestly, eating healthy doesn't mean starving oneself. And I don't think anyone wants to spend their one life sporting a matching silhouettes with the Michelin man.
... or this guy

And finally,
Relax - Stop obsessing over it. Embrace every moment of your life, even the uncertain, jiggly, wobbly bits. "Moderation is the key to success"
chillax.....


What about me? I am still craving something sweet, maybe it's time for Little Bro, to  run out for some "pani appa" (treacle hoppers). Yummmmyyy...!!!
Over and out <3

No comments:

Post a Comment